September 10 – 21, 2018
Giving Campaign Goal = $50,000
Student Coin Drive:
Bring in your coins during giving week!
Our goal is for students to contribute $2,000 through the Coin Drive.
The WCofC will support Whitaker students in the following ways:
Extending instructional efforts – i.e. professional development. Professional development courses and training specific to our faculty and students’ needs is crucial in the education advancement of Whitaker students. Previous years have funded OG training for 12 teachers, AG training, and additional conferences.
Expand curriculum efforts – i.e. iPads for Kindergarten classrooms, document cameras for classrooms, OG curriculum materials, and social emotional materials for staff to expand teaching efforts beyond the ABCs. We were able to accomplish a one-to-one Chromebook ratio for 3rd, 4th and 5th graders in past years.
Facility upgrades – after 13 years there are many needed upgrades that school system funds will not cover. Previous years have funded water bottle fillers, Kindergarten science tables, and stage upgrades.
Here are just some of the ways in which gifts will impact students at Whitaker.
- $50 access to web-based education software for 3 students
- $300 buys a Chrome book or iPad for student use
- $500 brings one day of professional development trainer services for faculty
- $1,000 increases the skills of a teacher so they are better able to build Whitaker students’ leadership and problem solving skills.
- $50,000 does all of this AND creates opportunities to ensure our children get resources not supported in district/state funding