September 11 – 22, 2017
Giving Campaign Goal = $40,000
Student Coin Drive:
Bring in your coins during giving week!
Our goal is for students to contribute $2,000 through the Coin Drive.
The WCofC will support our children in the following ways:
Extending instructional efforts – i.e. allowing our principal to use funds raised to add personnel to reduce class size, adding additional special (science including computer science this year), benefitting students and teachers.
Expand curriculum efforts – i.e. purchasing Chromebooks to increase access for 2nd graders this year. We were able to accomplish a one-to-one ratio for 3rd, 4th and 5th graders last year.
Facility upgrades – after 11 years there are many needed upgrades that school system funds will not cover. Current focus is for presentation improvements – projector, sound upgrade and curtain for the stage.
Here are just some of the ways in which gifts will impact students at Whitaker.
- $50 access to web-based education software for 3 students
- $300 buys a Chrome book for student use
- $500 brings one day of professional development trainer services for faculty
- $1,000 funds 1/20th toward stage & presentation upgrades
- $40,000 does all of this AND creates opportunities to ensure our children get resources not supported in district/state funding